Why is a SQL Server Health Check important?
With any system it is important to regularly assess that it is fit for purpose and with SQL Server this includes key areas that every Instance should have configured appropriately:
- Best practice configuration
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery SLA (Service Level Agreement) compliance
- Maintenance (log management, index management, growth mechanics)
What are the benefits for the resellers?
A SQL Server Health Check will establish the state of a system and so will have the potential to open doors and highlights specific areas for upselling further services, development, remedial work or consultancy.
Improving or updating a database management system is not just a maintenance task, but an opportunity to derive new business value.
An initial briefing to understand the purpose of the system and any potential areas for concern.
A custom health check program to investigate and assess with respect to system requirements and best practice:
- Database Sizes
- Database Disk locations, types and sizes
- Memory settings and utilisation
- Number of CPUs and configuration within SQL
- Database Maintenance and fragmentation
- Security Settings
- SQL Configuration Settings
- Disaster Recovery (DR) Provision
- High Availability (HA) Provision
- Correct use of Indexes
The output will be a report detailing:
- Environment configuration details
- Configuration against best practice
- Recommendations for any remedial action and improvements
What’s not Included?
The health-check itself does not include any remedial work and is intended for the sole purpose of investigation, reporting and recommendation.
- Single instance of SQL Server (non-clustered or two node cluster) - 2 days
- Multiple SQL Server instances (non-clustered or two node cluster) - 2 days plus 0.5 days per each additional instance
By carrying out the SQL Server Health Check service resellers are provided with an indicative costs, risk and impact analysis to provide to their client which will enable those clients to quickly move to the actual migration planning and deployment phases.
This service scales to thousands of servers and is design to accelerate projects to reach the point of migration as quickly as possible.