“Microsoft will end support for Windows Server 2003/R2 on July 14, 2015”
- Marathon is a professional services partner for IT resellers and distributors across the whole of the UK helping to deliver their IT solutions as a white label service or as a nominated partner
- Microsoft recommends a 4 step approach for Windows Server 2003 Migration projects; Discover, Assess, Target and Migrate. However, the amount of work required just to get to migration step 4 is a constraint for many rganisations and is delaying projects to migrate from Windows 2003 Server. This can have a dramatic impact on the security and stability of your clients IT infrastructure.
Marathon’s Fast Track Service combines the latest discovery and assessment tools with Microsoft migration expert consultancy to deliver steps 1 -3 within days, not weeks
Why do my Clients need the Fast Track Service?
Internal IT resource is at a premium for most organisations and workloads mean that IT teams are hard pressed to delivery all of the company’s IT business requirements. The Fast Track service provides the legwork and reduces the timescales and effort required for your IT client contacts to be able to make informed and intuitive decisions relating to a Windows 2003 migration.
What are the benefits for resellers?
The service will drive and accelerate migration sales for resellers and ensure that their clients are back to a supported Microsoft server environment as quickly as possible.
The Fast Track Service consists of 3 core components to address the first 3 migration steps as above:
- Software tools are deployed remotely to gather information from the clients existing Windows 2003 Server environment
- Catalogue all of your clients Windows 2003 based hardware, software, applications and licensing agreements
- Discover the dependencies on the Windows 2003 infrastructure
- Define the scope of the migration
- Capture the performance metrics of the current IT infrastructure
- Identify the owners and impact of each workload and application
- Create a migration profile for each workload and application
- Organise applications and workloads based on type, criticality, complexity and risk
Determine the most cost efficient and effective migration path and target for each system. Options considered include:
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Azure
- Cloud OS Network
- Microsoft Office 365
- Marathon provide this service on a fixed price basis
- 1 – 5 Servers £1595
- 6 – 10 Servers POA
By carrying out the Fast Track service resellers are provided with an indicative costs, risk and impact analysis to provide to their client which will enable those clients to quickly move to the actual migration planning and deployment phases